Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Reading Log

Book: Matched

Author: Ally Condie

Pages Read: 0-148

Days Read:

Sunday: 15 min

Monday: 15 min

Tuesday: 15 min

Wednesday: 15 min

Entries:

1)  Having un-approved writing is dangerous.

     "His fingers tremble; whether it is from the end of his life drawing do close, I do not know. I want to help him, but I can tell this is something that he must do himself.
     It doesn't take long for him to read the paper, and when he's finished, he closes his eye. An emotion crosses his face that I cannot read. Something deep.
     Then he opens his bright, beautiful eyes and looks straight at me while he folds the paper back up. 'Cassia. This is for you. It is even more precious than the compact.'
     'But it's so--'  I stop myself before I can say the word dangerous." (Condie 62)

Cassia's Grandfather gives her a compact with a secret compartment in it that has poems written on it, poems that are not in the Hundred Poems which is a list of one-hundred poems that have been approved by the government. Anything besides what is on that list is illegal, or dangerous. If you are caught with any, then you will commit an infraction, and that would shame your whole family into becoming an abnerration, and your children whe comes time to be Matched, a single and have no match. Cassia reconises the danger and wants to destroy it for she will not shame her family.

2) Cassia is beggining to have second thoughts about Xander.

"Even though I know I am falling for Ky it is impossible not to love Xander for everything he is and everything he does." (Condie 138)

Cassia knows that Xander is her match but ever scince Ky Markham popped up on her microcard she has wondered. She knows that it cannot be, for Ky is a abnerration and therefore a single, for his father commited an infraction. But she cannot help but have a reconsideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment