Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Reading Log

Book: Crossed

Author: Ally Condie

Pages: 0-114

Days:

Friday 15 min

Saturday 15 min

Sunday 15 min

Monday 15 min

Tuesday 15 min

Wednesday 15 min

Entries:

1) Ky is always thinking of Cassia.

Ky's point of view.
"The arrow of this compass is locked into place. No spinning. No alteration. Like with me and Cassia. Locked on with one idea, one thing in the sky. One truth to hold to when everything else falls to dust around me."

Ky has carved a compass to represent the one he left with Cassia. The difference is, this one is carved out of stone, so the needle does not move, and only points north. Ky relates this to his an Cassia's relationship, because even though they are so far apart, they still have that same idea running through their head. Because that idea is always running through Ky's head, he is always thinking of Cassia.

2) Cassia wants to know how Ky is.

Cassia's point of view.
"I close my eyes again,wishing I could see Ky's face flash in front of me. But every image I conjure lately seems incomplete, blurring in different places. I wonder where Ky is now, what is happening to him, if he managed to hang onto the scrap of green silk I gave him before he left."

Cassia is currently in the outer provinces while Ky is fighting in the war, and she wishes to know how he is. Before Ky was taken from his home unwillingly, Cassia slipped him a green patch of silk from the dress she wore to her matching cerimony. She is wondering if in all of the chaos, he managed to keep it. She also wants to know if he survived so far. Overall, she wants to know how he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment